I saw the movie Love Aaj Kal sometime back. But I never questioned its message until now. In short the story can be described as how love unfolds between two sets of people- one for whom love is an ideal emotion, that involves sacrifice and unending commitment, and another for whom love is just another part of a life that is surrounded by a million other important things and issues. I call them couple Ideal and couple Practical.
Frankly I cant comment on the Couple ideal because I havent seen or experienced anything of that sort in contemporary times. How can I judge them when I dont know what that feeling is like. Although I must admit that this is the type of love I feel more close to.
About the Couple practical, well, I have had a multitude of experiences. The thing about love is that it is quite demanding. It demands commitment, honesty, patience, affection, passion, adulation, fidelity and more love. And the Couple practical comes quite short on most of them. That is because their love isnt given the importance it deserves. Love is no longer the Earth shaking thing it used to be. It is subject to the stark realities of everyday life- crazy appointments eating into 'together time', having to call off a date because it was too inconvenient, or because the travel wasnt worth it and so on.
Love is made to revolve around these things, when it should be the other way round. What is the use of earning your way to a beautiful designer house that cannot hold a family together.
I am not saying love shouldnt be practical. There is a middle path.
No comments:
Post a Comment