Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Insecurities, goals, success.....

We all have our insecurities, things we get worked up about. For someone, a bad phase in a job might be unnerving, to the point that they forget that a job, as important as it is, is still just a part of life. It is not the reason you exist, it is there to serve a purpose, it is not the singular purpose. Others may get worked up on their family, personal lives. Well, all such interactions are with people, the crux is that people change, situations change, somethings among them are within our control, others are not. What matters is that we dont lose the essence of what defines us as individuals.
Where I stay right now, I met a guy (just for future ref: no. 326) who drove one point several times into my head- no matter where you are, no matter under who you are, its all about the individual and his/her choices. Its all about how strong and determined one is deep inside, and how one chooses to implement that determination. Opportunities are there everywhere, what is needed is the drive to make it happen.
I have suffered several setbacks in my learning curve due to an excess lack of focus and aim in life; this phase of procrastination and delaying the inevitable has made me a straggler in the race of life. When I say race of life, I dont mean a race against people that is commonly perceived, I mean it as a struggle against time, against death itself. Its a race to feel fulfilled in your life, to have achieved what you set out to achieve. Think, focus, act, focus again. Life is waiting for you, even when you have just a day to live. Make full use of that day, make full use of this life. Me, I have to write a book review which I have been postponing for a month now. I should get back to that right now. More on rest, later. Ciao.

No comments: